Deadline: January 21, 2021 at 5:00PM CST
Part One: Application
The entire application is completed online and will require digital signatures. As part of the application process an email will be sent from email@example.com to your principal to verify your eligibility.
Part One: Coversheet
All applicants must apply online between November 1, 2020 and January 21, 2021 with final submission made by 5 pm CST on January 21, 2021.
Before you begin, determine if you are applying as an individual or as a team.
- Create your online account, or login with existing credentials
- Create a 1-2 sentence project description (350 character limit), detailing What you are doing + Where you are going + Why. .
- Sign your coversheet. Once signed, an email will be sent to your principal asking for a signature to verify the information you have included on your coversheet and your eligibility. Signed coversheets are no longer editable, with the exception of the project description.
- Use the formal name of your district and school. Ex. Houston Independent School District instead of HISD and John F. Kennedy Elementary School instead if JFK Elem. School.
- Elect a team lead and create a team name.
- The team lead initiates the online process and creates the team name.
- Each team member registers an account and submits a coversheet.
- The team lead cannot advance past the coversheet until all other members have completed and signed his/her coversheet.
- Application Learning Center
- Grant Writing Tips
- Scoring Criteria
- Non-Allowable Expenses
- Calendar of Events
- Project Search
- Printable version of the guidelines
Chicago Foundation for Education
Sarah Hoppe Knight