Deadline: January 31, 2018 at 5:00 PM CST
Fund for Teachers provides educators, possessing a broad vision of what it means to teach and learn, the resources needed to pursue self-designed professional learning experiences. FFT grants are used for an unlimited variety of projects; all designed to create enhanced learning environments for teachers, their students and their school communities. We believe that supporting teachers’ active participation in their own professional growth, positively impacts student learning and achievement.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A full-time preK-12th grade teacher, curriculum specialist, curriculum head, Special Education coordinator, media specialist/librarian, or other type of educator who spends at least 50% of your time directly teaching students;
- Returning to the classroom in the consecutive school year; and
- Have at least three years’ experience as a preK-12th grade teacher at the end of the school year.
- Student and substitute teaching do not count towards the three year requirement
- As long as the applicant has three years’ experience by the time of their fellowship, Fund for Teachers considers them eligible.
Administrators may not apply, nor may they act as the partner applicant.
Previous recipients must wait for 5 years before reapplying.
Individuals may apply for up to $5,000 and teams may apply for up to $10,000 (while team members may be from different schools, districts or states, all members must meet the eligibility criteria). Upon award, Fellows will receive 90 percent of their grant, the remaining 10 percent to be reimbursed upon completion of post-fellowship requirements.
Fund for Teachers will not provide monies for:
- Student travel
- The completion of baccalaureate or post baccalaureate degrees, including:
- Courses for graduate credit or
- University College or Credit Hours
- Onsite (or campus) professional development at your school or by the district
- Compensation for substitutes
- Only classroom supplies, such as books, technology, or other materials. There must be a learning experience included.
Eligible teachers may submit one application per grant cycle. Fund for Teachers is interested in your ideas, only. Any indication of borrowed text will disqualify your application. Additionally, previously awarded proposals may not be resubmitted for consideration.
Fellowships should begin after the last day of school in the spring and be completed by the first day of school in the fall, with all fellowship related expenditures made by September 28, 2018.
Fund for Teachers utilizes a committee of community members, past grant recipients, educators and donors to select our grant recipients. Each committee utilizes the same process, rubric and scoring standards. Before a committee receives grant proposals to review, each application is screened for eligibility and completeness. Applications failing to meet Fund for Teachers eligibility criteria or those not considered complete, will not be sent to the selection committee. Grants are awarded based on merit and available funding; consequently, the number of grants awarded varies each year.
As a national organization, Fund for Teachers builds committees across the country of people invested in the success of teachers and education to aid in the selection of awards. Your proposal may be reviewed by a committee in a geographic region other than your own. When describing where you teach it is permissible to acknowledge your city and state.
Applicant coversheet and identifying information is removed prior to the selection process. Please refrain from using your name, your school or district names within your proposal.
The entire application is completed online and will require digital signatures. As part of the application process an email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to your principal to verify your eligibility.
Applicants will be notified of the selection committee results by April 5, 2018. Awardees will be required to attend a pre-fellowship Orientation.
Fund for Teachers reserves the right to review the terms and conditions of this grant program, and to make changes at any time, including termination.
For optimal application performance: Avoid using tablets or mobile devices such as an iPad or Amazon Fire. Also, please make sure that your pop-up blocker is off, to avoid missing important notifications.
- Application Learning Center
- Grant Writing Tips
- Scoring Rubric
- Non-Allowable Expenses
- Calendar of Events
- Project Search
- Printable version of the guidelines
San Francisco Education Fund