Deadline: January 31, 2018 at 5:00 PM CST
Part Three: Itemized Budget
By completing the Itemized Budget Sheet your budget narrative will be broken down into a line item listing.
- Enter the length of your fellowship.
- Estimate number of hours it took to prepare your application (this information is for internal use only and is not part of the selection process).
- Add all proposed destinations for fellowship.
- Use whole numbers.
- Team lead is responsible for entering the itemized budget.
Breakdown of expenses:
- TRANSPORTATION: any fare to and from destination. Estimate rental car cost based on current gasoline prices. For personal vehicles, calculate the mileage at a rate of $.545/mile. Grant funding can only cover mileage or gasoline, not both.
- LODGING: Seek moderately-priced motels/hotels or, if applicable, home stays.
- FOOD: Food costs should reflect actual destination rates and cannot exceed $50 per day/per person.
- PARTICIPATION COSTS: Tour, registration and course/program fees.
- MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES: Includes, but not limited to, books, reference materials, artifacts or realia.
- EQUIPMENT: Includes, but not limited to, cameras, recorders, laboratory equipment and computer hardware necessary for fellowship and classroom implementation. Please consider borrowing these pieces of equipment from your school, if available. Any equipment purchased with the grant funds must be accessible to entire school upon return.
- OTHER: Specific costs of your fellowship not outlined in the preceding categories. Please give clear descriptions of these expenses. Use the Budget Narrative for any further explanation.
- NON-ALLOWABLE: Certain products and services are not to be purchased using grant funds, such as toiletries, telecommunications, personal souvenirs, childcare, student travel, bank/credit card fees and graduate credit hours. Click here for more examples.
- Application Learning Center
- Grant Writing Tips
- Scoring Rubric
- Non-Allowable Expenses
- Calendar of Events
- Project Search
- Printable version of the guidelines
Fund for Teachers